General Job Duties For All Store Team Members
· Operate all equipment.
· Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler.
· Prepare product.
· Take inventory and complete associated paperwork.
· Clean equipment and facility approximately daily; ensure kitchen area and equipment are clean and sanitized, including removal of garbage when necessary.
· Assist with Dining Room service when needed, e.g., readying customer’s order.
Orientation and training provided on the job.
· Basic verbal, writing and communication skills to comprehend, give and/or receive instructions.
· Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator).
· Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed.
· Prepare food items as requested.
· Set up and run the dishwashing operation, keeping the dishwasher clean and free of debris.
· Maintain all necessary temperature, sanitation equipment, and cleaning logs.
· Ensure hand sink is clean and stocked, e.g. replace paper towel, hand-soap.
· Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks.
· In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas.
· Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside.
· Fumes from food odors.
· Exposure to cornmeal dust.
· Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler.
· Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher.
· Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts.
· Talking and hearing on telephone. Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks.
· Depth perception.
· Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces.
The ability to direct activities, perform repetitive tasks, work alone and with others, work under stress, meet strict quality control standards, deal with people, analyze and compile data, make judgments and decisions.