Tesla is currently seeking a Full-stack Web Developer to join the Digital Experience team. You are highly motivated, detail-oriented, and not afraid to try new things. You will be part of a small web development team – so you must be a problem solver, a fast learner, and comfortable wearing many hats.
· Support migration from existing Drupal 7 to the new Drupal 8 site
· Build reusable components, templates, code and libraries
· Work with our UX and product teams to create amazing user experiences for our customers on the Tesla.com website
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize applications for maximum speed and performance
· Participate in agile and scrum best practices, continuous integration and delivery (CI-CD) in a fast-paced agile environment
· B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years professional experience w/ Drupal 7 or 8 in consumer facing applications
· Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
· Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON.
· Strong backend skills (PHP, integration with REST APIs)
· Strong CSS skills w/ experience building pixel-perfect responsive sites across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
· Attention to detail and an appreciation for design and beautiful UX
· Experience with Git
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
· Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Nice to have:
· Experience building component-based themes using PatternLab, Emulsify or similar tools
· Experience with React.js
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).