We are hiring this critical role for our Buffalo, NY manufacturing site, Gigafactory New York. A successful Training Associate will be approachable, organized, internally motivated, and trustworthy. Our ideal Training Associate embodies the Tesla culture and the individualistic approach to training a diverse group of talented individuals.
A shift – Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 7:00AM-7:00PM and every other Wednesday
B shift – Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00AM-7:00PM and every other Wednesday
C shift – Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 7:00PM-7:00AM and every other Wednesday
D shift – Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00PM-7:00AM and every other Wednesday
• Facilitate training to manage and maintain Production processes with emphasis on safety, quality and productivity.
• Work with Production Supervisors, Leads, and Workstation Trainers on training plans and coordinating schedules with their group and conduct area cross-training to allow for a flexible, efficient work team.
• Perform Manufacturing Instruction, Certification and Safety audits on shift. Ensure that training records are ISO 9001 compliant.
• Monitor trends of Certification Audit failures and develop a plan for corrective action with Leads & Supervisors. Participate in 3D & 8D problem solving activities for Certification Audit Failures to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
• Manage on-shift Workstation Certification Program including assigning classes through LMS (Learning Management System), scheduling training classes and facilitating training classes.
• Audit active Workstation Trainers for compliance to training processes.
• Audit certification data for accuracy.
• Deploy MI (Manufacturing Instruction) updates to the Production floor.
• Learn new process skills, keeping up to date with the latest revisions of process operations.
• In-depth knowledge of MES (Manufacturing Execution System) transactions in accordance with operation policies to allow for accurate tracking of production processes.
• In-depth understanding of quality & safety requirements with suggestions to prevent future occurrence of known issues.
• Promote continuous improvement of all training programs.
• Use Outlook to communicate training schedules.
• Facilitate on-shift New Hire Orientation activities.
• Certification Database Administration.
• Other projects and initiatives as business needs dictate.
• Evidence of exceptional ability.
• Associate’s degree preferred.
• 2+ years’ experience in high volume training or coordination/administrative role in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong MS Office Skills –Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Med/Advanced Excel Skills.
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to facilitate training classes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including solid interpersonal skills.
• Displays empathy, patience & an interest in adult learning.
• Demonstrates personal leadership and accountability.
• Ability to set one’s own daily schedule based on needs specified by Production Supervisor.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).