We are looking for an Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineer for our Team. This position will work as a member of Tesla’s Drive System team. The role is focused on reliability and tests to develop, debug, execute and optimize testing for all our Drive Unit platforms.
· Develop and implement test programs for electric vehicle powertrain units or subcomponents.
· Work with design, test, and reliability engineers to create validation test plans suitable for early prototypes or mass production units.
· Actively participate in design reviews and DFMEAs to shape product towards reliability and deepen understanding of product risks
· Collaborate with test teams to script and analyze test profiles and test result data
· Organize cross functional teams to complete testing on time
· Document, organize, and track testing progress and provide updates to the team and upper management.
· Create test reports and documentation of results and issues
· Coordinate with prototype build team to build and inspect test samples
· Investigate root cause of failures and help to drive product improvement
· Design and fabrication of test equipment as needed
· Perform component and drive unit testing including dyno, vibration, and environmental testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· 2+ years of experience in physical hardware testing
· Automotive component/system testing experience a plus
· Experience with Python, Matlab, or other data analysis software a plus
· Experience creating and executing design validation plans and test methods to validate performance or reliability requirements
· Working knowledge of motors and gearboxes a plus
· Excellent project management skills
· An aptitude and passion for understanding
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).