The Manager, Technical Programs – New Product Introduction is responsible for managing a specific program and its team as it relates to introducing new vehicles, and relevant systems, into the production environment as Tesla continues to expand across new product lines and locations.
The ideal candidate has proven leadership ability and a strong record of executing strategic, cross-functional operations to ensure engineering, manufacturing, quality, and supply chain validation targets have been met in accordance with product launch timelines. The New Product Introduction team is ultimately responsible for the critical pre-production build management, MBOM set-up, factory readiness, and successful tactical implementation of the program into production. This leader will interface and work collaboratively with multiple business groups such as Design, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain teams in coordinating the release of new products. This role is responsible for managing the effective implementation and distribution of new products for their organizations, as well as handling launch aspects and verifying that quality control complies with all project requirements.
· Drive all activities as related to the operations perimeter for your program(s) into the factory/factories. Clear target is to meet or exceed program milestones as set forth by the company, have ”non-event launch” mentality with each
· Participate in and lead various cross-functional Program and Manufacturing Readiness forums. Provide clear updates on status and recovery plans as necessary at both working and executive level
· Oversee the team and the complete manufacturing validation for the program. Drive supply chain readiness and handover from launch planning to production planning; organize and oversee factory transition; and follow-up on excess/obsolescence planning and post program/service introduction activities
· Plan, organize, and orchestrate all pre-launch build activities. Facilitate ramp management with operations teams
· Oversee the finalization and validation of the MBOM for the program
· Oversee the validation of all factory systems (MRP, ERP, MES) in regards to launch preparation
· Steer overall program validation plan and manufacturing readiness criteria (KPIs)
· Environment, health, and safety taken into account in all activities and manufacturing validations
· Ensure that NPI processes are followed in all doings (PCA, MRT, etc)
· Ability to make educated decisions and recognize problems and respond, sort through complex issues, address root cause of issues, make timely decisions with clear and concise communication.
· Act on opportunities and generate new ideas
· Mentor and develop the team.
· Interact, integrate, and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, production, production control, sales, service, etc.
· Strong leadership ability. Anticipate and/or resolve conflicts, identify and utilize team talents, define processes and goals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field required. Master’s Degree highly preferred.
· Background in manufacturing/industrial engineering required; supply chain highly desired
· Production Operations Knowledge – has a firm understanding of how complex production lines operate including key items such as industrial workings between facilities/departments, line balance, OEE, error proofing.
· Understanding of how the manufacturing validation process runs in relation to complex new products that stretch across various engineer teams and manufacturing centers/factories (methodology, validation plans, associated KPIs)
· Proven leadership ability
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Able to think outside of the box to bring creative, sustainable solutions to complicated problems
· Excellent problem solving skills; adverse in various problem solving methodologies
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with cross-functional teams
· Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
· Previous experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc)
· Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings or CAD models
· Experience in People and Program management
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).