Tesla is looking for a Sr. Technical Accounting Associate that will report directly to the Technical Accounting Manager / Sr. Manager. This role will be part of the Corporate Controllers’ team responsible for the accounting and reporting of significant accounting transactions, special projects, and SEC reporting. The ideal candidate is familiar with SEC reporting on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, US GAAP and technical accounting subjects, such as revenue recognition, leases, stock-based compensations, debt and equity instruments, property plant & equipment and cost accounting, acquisitions, variable interest entities, going concern and impairments. As well, the candidate will have experience in SEC reporting for a public company. Lastly, the ideal candidate needs to encourage the practical application of technical accounting aspects to field operations and accounting shared services groups at Tesla.
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a lean and passionate team at a fast-growing company. The role requires someone who has experience operating in a public company environment with the associated reporting deadlines and requires ‘out of the box’ thinking to make processes more efficient and streamlined. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting systems, processes and best practices. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills and be very self-motivated and efficient.
· Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions
· Monitor business activities, ensure timely identification of accounting and financial reporting matters and prepare high quality accounting memorandums for senior management and auditors
· Analyze new and proposed accounting standards and determine the impact on Tesla and implement new accounting standards, as required
· Assist in the preparation and review of corporate accounting policies and procedures
· Prepare analyses of data and support for technical matters with agility and present findings and challenges timely for evaluation
· Participates in both formal and informal reviews with business units to ensure financial statement disclosures are complete and accurate
· Work cross-functionally with other groups and ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements
· Assist in the evaluation, update and maintenance of key controls over financial reporting and the related key reports
· Assist with special projects as needed
· Assist with preparing and reviewing of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and other required SEC form filings
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
· Evidence of exceptional ability
· CPA required, Big 4 public accounting experience
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
· Strong understanding of GAAP as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
· Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to develop strong partnerships and influence people
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).