The GBSD program has exciting opportunities for a Sr. Principal Civil Engineer based in Roy, Utah to develop engineering concepts for both design and construction to include, but not limited to, grading, storm water management, utilities, roadways, parking lots, construction materials and basic structures. Review and comment on construction drawings, specifications, Requests for Information (RFI), shop drawings and submittals, concrete mix designs, logistics support, construction scheduling, safety programs, NEPA, and contractor claims. Prepare material quantities, cost estimates, construction schedules and permit applications. Identifies measures for cost control, cost reduction, schedule, and production.
Work environment: Typical office environment, most likely working in cubicle with multiple others doing similar tasks. Occasional field work on construction sites with requirements to work in a dusty and noisy environment wearing personal protective equipment such as hard hat, boots, safety vest, gloves and protective eyewear.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. UTSpace
1. Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) programs or projects, or Master’s and 7 years’ experience supporting U.S. Government ICBM programs and projects
2. Thorough knowledge of ICBM Missile Wing security processes for Launch Facilities, Missile Alert Facilities as well as other Air Force installations
3. DoD Secret or Interim Top Secret Clearance required to start
4. Professional Engineer Registration (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
Personality traits: Works well with teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.