Tesla Energy is looking for a Staff Embedded Software Engineer to join a small team responsible for energy management and control applications. We are looking for candidates experienced with low-level software such as drivers, porting kernels to new hardware, firmware, boot loaders and general bring-up and debug on the boundaries of hardware and software. Background in low-latency and real-time systems is particularly interesting, but most of all we’re looking for people with high capacity and ability to ramp up in whatever topic is needed. Strong C knowledge and excellent debugging skills are critical to be successful in this role.
• Deliver high quality system-level software for various hardware components
• Driver development, board bring-up and new hardware enablement on RTOS or Linux
• Packaging and build system integration of various software components
• Define new hardware requirements
• Closely work with teams across the company; Hardware, Applications, QA, Validation and Manufacturing
• Collaborate with validation teams to develop test strategies and test plans
• 5-10+ years’ experience building, debugging and shipping embedded systems using Linux or RTOS
• Comfortable with debugging hardware issues
• Familiar with SoC level software development (ARM, x86 or other architectures)
• Can read and interpret system schematics
• Proficient in C and/or C++
• Experience developing embedded software for safety-critical applications in production environments
• Working knowledge of embedded networking protocols such as CAN, RS-485, ModBus, and Ethernet
• Experience writing and understanding technical specifications
Beneficial Knowledge and Experience
• Proven record of delivering quality system-level products
• Experience developing RTOS on Cortex-M and similar platforms
• Development and debug of firmware such as u-boot or coreboot.
• Security features such as SELinux, crypto, verified boot and trusted execution environments.
• Real-time and low-latency software development.
• Familiar with build environments such as buildroot.
• Experience with communication standards and technologies like WiFi, ZigBee, mesh networking, cellular networks
• Comfortable with Go, Python, shell scripting, make, etc.
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).