Do you want to work on an innovative, industry-leading database engine, powering a very successful and rapidly growing business analytics service?
Would you enjoy working on a high-performance database system featuring a lightning fast and highly optimized storage engine and a state of the art query execution engine, capable of responding in milliseconds to complex queries over large amounts of data?
Do you want to be part of a team that values everyone’s ideas and strives to help each other grow, succeed and build lasting technology that positively impacts millions of users?
If so, let us know! We would love to chat with you.
We are the Analysis Services Engine team, and the technology that we are building is at the core of the Power BI service and the analytics database engine in the highly successful SQL Server product line. With millions of Power BI users, we’d love to have you join us in building technology that empowers users to fluently interact and get insight into their data.
We are investing into large-scale analytics as well as enabling new and innovative new scenarios for Power BI. We are looking for engineers who enjoy systems programming, and are passionate about transforming great ideas into amazing features.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analysis Services team, you will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the analytics engine as well as to cloud services built on top of it:
• Minimum of 5+ years of extensive professional hands-on experience in server/cloud-service software development
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• BS degree with 7+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 5+years of experience
• Software development experience in C++, C, C# or equivalent
• Great problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills
• Proficiency in data structures and algorithm
• Cloud software, PaaS, and/or SaaS development experience
• Experience in database technology, server-side software or online distributed services
• Passion about systems programming areas
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Self-driven, pro-active
• Ability to collaborate with team members and develop innovative solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
Industry leading healthcare Savings and investments Giving programs Educational resources Maternity and paternity leave Opportunities to network and connect Discounts on products and services Generous time away