The Senior SEC Analyst prepares the 10-Q/K, coordinates quarterly close activities and assists with various financial analyses. This individual will interface extensively with the general ledger team, the regional accounting teams, the legal department and both the internal & external auditors. In addition, the Senior SEC Analyst participates in any ad hoc projects and the implementation of any process/system improvements.
· Drafts the primary financial statements, including the consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and statement of equity.
· Authors the 10-Q/K footnote disclosures and the associated workpapers.
· Ensures quality control over the 10-Q/K.
· Collaborates with other accounting teams and both the internal & external auditors.
· Analyzes fluxes at the consolidated-level.
· Determines compliance with financial covenants.
· Ensures compliance with SOX.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration.
· Qualified for CPA license.
· Minimum 3 years of auditing and/or financial reporting experience.
· Auditing experience from a Big 4 accounting firm is highly preferred.
· Strong understanding and proficiency of US GAAP.
· Evidence of exceptional ability.
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).