The Senior Lease Accountant will handle all aspects of lease accounting within our Fixed Asset – Global Manufacturing group. An ideal candidate in this role will be someone highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects within set deadlines, and to meet month-end close deadlines.
· Solid understanding and application of ASC 842 lease accounting standard
· Evaluate the accounting impact of new, amended and terminated leases
· Responsible for monthly/quarterly close procedures, such as preparing journal entries
· Prepare initial lease assessment for new leases (Finance/Operating)
· Prepare embedded lease work paper
· Monthly reconciliation for BS accounts
· Review lease PO to ensure proper account coding and compliance with lease policy
· Works closely with internal and cross functional teams (i.e. Lease admin team, operation teams, FP&A and others)
· Prepare footnotes and schedules for SEC reporting
· Prepare supporting document for Internal/External auditors
· Drive process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies within the group
· Assist special projects as needed
· Combination of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and industry experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· 4+ years’ experience, preferably lease accounting related
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively with others
· Experience and strong understanding of internal controls
· Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs
· Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).