Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Brand Creative Retail team is the Catalyst for Retail Innovation! We are creative problem solvers, combining strategy and innovation, we shape physical experiences that connect athletes* to the future of sport and commerce. This team crafts the vision for all Nike stores globally by actualizing the voice the of the brand at retail and obsessing the details of all physical elements across all customer touch points from macro architecture to all micro brand stories within the store.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Nike seeks a Sr. Designer within the Retail Design Studio who will support consumer led global retail concepts and the evolution of the Nike retail business! You will create and develop impactful, scalable design solutions for immersive retail environments. You will collaborate with internal and external design teams to complete projects by using design processes and standard methodologies to ensure the creative intent, design results, timelines and budgets are met. You are tapped into the pulse of future technology and design trends. You apply this thinking to your work, always looking to expand the possibilities of immersive Storytelling and Environments. You are able to ideate creative concepts, illustrate your ideas and be hands on as you help drive projects to completion.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will refine and evolve non-seasonal retail storytelling across the full Nike stores portfolio and build original design solutions, leading creative work from insight to concept to creation to execution. This position requires a forward thinking, detail oriented graphic design minded creative, that builds from the global creative direction for design development and generates implementation standards for consistent execution throughout projects. You will work independently and with a team to develop the right approach for each project, factoring in the needs of the Consumer, the Brand and our Business partners. You will communicate and present design concepts to the Creative Director and build presentation materials that effectively communicate design intent, as well as produce project production files when required.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Under the direction of a Design Director, you will collaborate in the development of innovative and original retail storytelling and other programs that reflect Nike’s design ethos and improve the consumer retail experience. You will deliver immersive experiences to deliver the future of retail storytelling connected within the overall retail ecosystem. In this role, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across Nike as well as external design agencies, digital design, store design and marketing teams.
You may travel 5 – 15% of the time.
WHAT YOU BRING
– Bachelors degree in graphic arts, interior design or environmental design and 8+ years design experience.
– Retail design industry/environments experience preferred; retail environments, concepts and programs, fixture design
– Proven outstanding ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, art direction, visual presentation development and layout
– Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and in graphic design, fashion, and athletics specifically.
– A Passion for Sport & Culture. A storyteller at heart
– Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design processes. Advanced knowledge of computer systems (Adobe suite, Grasshopper, ACAD, SketchUp, Enscape). Ability to sketch design ideas and visually communicate concept development thoughts ideation.
– Strong oral and written communications skills including meeting facilitation and presentations. Proven ability to effectively communicate concepts/design intent to senior creative team.
– Ability to source, screen and manage contractors/external vendors including design and production studios/agencies.
– Ability to develop collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geography
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.