Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Technical Director. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs organization. This position will be responsible for overall technical leadership and excellence across all Advanced Programs activities. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs and interfaces with the SDS Division Engineering organization. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
What you’ll get to do:
• Provide technical leadership and excellence oversight for a growing Advanced Programs team of system analysts, architects, and designers focused on conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyberdefense, security, decision aides, etc.
• People leadership for an engineering organization, to include technical processes and excellence, talent growth, mentoring
• Provide technical oversight for all Advanced Programs projects
• Support technology identification, assessment/application, and maturation roadmap creation including cross-division/sector involvement
• Support future Advanced Programs and Division team engagement activities, technical staff performance and goal evaluation, and recruiting/hiring support
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Work closely with the Advanced Programs project leads and core organization leads in defining, growing, and executing the organization’s people and business
• Conceptualize, mature, and capture new business for growth of the Division
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position may have a 9/80 work schedule available. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off as the mission allows.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.