Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Systems Analyst. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs Systems Analysis organization. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs Systems Analysis Organization and interfaces with other Advanced Programs Core Organization members. The Advanced Programs Systems Analysis core organization is envisioned to provide systems engineering, system architecture, modeling, simulation, and analysis, life cycle cost analysis, threat analysis, user capability gaps, and leadership of analysis of alternatives and interactive conceptual and preliminary design cycles.
What you’ll get to do:
• Provide technical contributions to a growing Advanced Programs team of analysts, architects, and modelers focused on leading an advanced design team through system level conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyberdefense, security, decision aides, etc.
• Lead various Advanced Programs projects in system level trade studies, architecture development, and system engineering to produce credible conceptual and preliminary weapon system concept designs that meet potential customers’ performance, cost, schedule, and risk thresholds while informing them of the surrounding design space for capability considerations, especially capability versus life cycle cost versus technical availability date.
• Contribute to identification and tracking of threat/adversary capabilities roadmap and associated existing or developing warfighting capability gaps to feed Advanced Programs technology development and conceptual design process.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position may have a 9/80 work schedule available. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off as the mission allows.
• Active Top Secret DoD Security Clearance
• Experience with ballistic missile and/or weapon design to include vehicle, payload, command and control, ground systems, and support systems
• Experience with nuclear command and control and legacy platforms/weapon systems.
• Experience with nuclear hardened strategic systems
• Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
• Experience with life cycle cost analysis, especially parametric based LCC estimation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.