This position you will work as a member of Tesla’s Quality Team. The primary objective of this role is to support the production of high quality vehicles through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver at his/her core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally).
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with Manufacturing and Design Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
• Establish criteria for Part Inspection Standards based on product specification and process critical requirements.
• Support the development of DFMEAs to determine potential risks in product design and support resolution of high-risk issues design features.
• Lead and maintain PFMEAs to determine potential risks in manufacturing and drive resolution of high-risk issues into process controls.
• Establish and maintain Control Plans to assure critical features are controlled and monitored through the assembly/production processes.
• Develop and implement Quality Key Points for visual inspection that meets product specifications used by in process inspections and quality audits.
• Review and provide disposition to non-conforming material.
• Lead and facilitate sorting activity and drive part improvement with suppliers on part non-conformances.
• Lead Containment activity on non-conforming material by determining appropriate suspect range to quarantine and provide disposition of material.
• Able to perform and lead Problem Solving activities for quality issues through root cause investigation and development/implementing preventative and corrective actions.
• Track quality performance metrics, prioritize top issues and drive continuous improvement activities with cross-functional team
• Develop and compile best practices for a specific manufacturing process and support implementation with other production lines
• Assist in the development and improvement of the Quality Management System.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
• Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the Tesla team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Tesla organization.
• Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
• Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
• Maintain top level professional integrity
• People Management
• Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Customer focused
• Ability to work independently
• Strong quality mindset
• Highly adaptable
• Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline.
• Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA required.
• Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
• Experience with various reliability test techniques including HALT and HASS testing.
• Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
• Must be very comfortable with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (5% to 10%)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).