Staff Fire Protection Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering team. The position is located in Fremont, CA.
· Develop & create complete set of code / life safety permit documents for various site projects
· Lead team members across multiple projects
· Develop & create fire protection reports for new production lines / materials / suppression / detection systems coming to the factory.
· Develop and summit AM&M (Alternate Means & Methods) to local AHJ to help with performance based design criteria to meet intent of code
· Code Planning / Life Safety design (Schematic design through commissioning)
· Develop process improvements / workflows / templates to increase design productivity and quality of deliverables.
· Mentor team members
· Licensed Fire Protection Engineer (CA license required, or able to obtain reciprocity)
· 5-8 years of experience
· Bachelors Fire Protection Engineering or in similar related field
· Revit Experience preferred
· Program / Project Management Experience
· Construction Administration Experience
· Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams
· Works well under pressure and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· FDS software modeling capabilities
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).