Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Technical Program Manager to lead standardization and quality improvement programs across Tesla’s vehicle manufacturing business. This position will report to the Manufacturing Quality team within Tesla’s Vehicle Engineering organization.
The role of the Technical Program Manager will primarily be to understand challenges unique to Tesla’s manufacturing environment and leverage this knowledge to create and maintain Tesla’s quality operating standards for future factories. As Technical Program Manager, you will be expected to prioritize and lead work in partnership with executives, operational leaders, engineers, associates, and other key stakeholders from across the company. You will gather the business requirements for multiple concurrent projects and drive the resourcing (both internal to the team and cross-functionally) for these projects. You will also be expected to facilitate the sharing of best practices and lessons learned across our sites; as such, you will be expected to bring a passion for and commitment to meticulous documentation and communication. The ideal candidate absorbs new information and technical context rapidly, communicates clearly to engineers and operators alike, and thinks creatively to find solutions when problems and delays inevitably arise.
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or another quantitative field.
· 3+ years’ experience in technical program or project management
· Demonstrated application of project and program management fundamentals to solve complex engineering and operational problems
· Ability to effectively execute many projects and tasks in parallel
· Excellent communication and documentation skills with ability to understand complex problems and summarize in a simple way to a wide and diverse audience
· Must possess a bias for action, with the ability to remain engaged, proactive, and positive in challenging circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success
· Must be proficient user in Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, Word; experienced with JIRA, Confluence, and Enovia preferred
· Strong interest in working at the intersection of product quality, manufacturing, and engineering
· Intermediate data analysis skills; experience with tools like Splunk, Grafana, SQL, and Tableau a plus
· Familiarity with complex manufacturing execution systems and / or experience managing software projects is a plus
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).