The Tactical Space Systems division has a Production Planner opening in our Dulles, VA campus. Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers. Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases. Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools. Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records. • Use material requirement lists to support program schedule and production activities in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) or equivalent.
• Assist in determining raw material requirements and the procurement of these items to support the program manufacturing schedule. In addition, the Production Planner will coordinate the procurement and/or transfer of parts to fill Work Orders and supply the necessary documentation to inventory for the issue of parts and materials for build requirements.
• The Production Planner will also assist in the preparation the manufacturing build documentation (build packages) to support manufacturing production. The build documentation includes Work Authorization Forms (WAF’s), Manufacturing Orders (MO’s), operation sheets, routers, Work Instructions, and all necessary released design documentation required to manufacture the item.
• During build activities, the Production Planner will monitor production activities associated with the manufacture, inspection, and test of product. Also, coordinate shipping activities and monitor potential scheduling problems to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials and product accurately timed to meet production schedule and program requirements. This individual shall report, troubleshoot and expedite production problems which may impact manufacturing schedules and perform related duties as assigned or required.
• Production Planner will also own raw materials in the Work Center and champion the shelf-life tracking for all materials.
•Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Production Planning or a related business or technical field or equivalent
• Aerospace Industry experience
• Experience with TipQA, Costpoint, Windchill, MES, Solumina, COGNOS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.