Tesla’s Supply Chain and Ops Automation team is currently seeking a product manager to shape the future of internal software tools used by Tesla’s supply chain team. Our purpose-built, internal-facing web apps are playing an increasing role in solving the most difficult problems facing Tesla and have company-wide impacts.
Tesla’s supply chain team faces increasing challenges as Tesla expands globally and launches new products and programs. The Supply Chain and Ops Automation team is our “special projects” software team helping to address these challenges.
As a product manager on the Supply Chain and Ops Automation team, you will be in a product ownership role, managing the creation of new web applications and improving upon existing ones. You will work with Global Supply Managers and software engineers to deeply understand our process and challenges, and drive improvements to our processes and software. Many of our software tools are highly analytical, so a combination of strong analytical skills and software product management skills are required.
· Work cross-functionally with internal users, engineering and design to drive product strategy
· Manage the roadmap, get feedback, and develop ideas for new improvements and challenges
· Oversee the product development lifecycle from inception to launch, with an ability to prioritize the most important features to maximize impact
· Lead stakeholder discussions for overall vision and translate them into detailed requirements, user stories, and actionable tasks, then feedback engineering discussions to refine them
· Manage the implementation and ongoing success of software products, including (re)defining requirements, sprint planning, and release management
· Conduct user research and contribute to the design of software
· Push for high reliability and responsiveness from a systems and user satisfaction perspective
· Coordinate resources and broadcast timelines for deliverables
· Define and monitor success metrics through SQL-powered dashboards
· Gracefully prioritize objectives and deadlines and communicate your decisions clearly
· Work cross-functionally to ideate on business problems outside your org vertical
· 3+ years of work experience with evidence of successful project implementation
· Experience managing software development (e.g. software product manager) strongly preferred
· Proficiency with data analytics using SQL
· Experience creating operational metrics and dashboards using SQL and Tableau (or similar) visualization tools preferred
· Experience with software design preferred
· Real world pragmatism to effectively drive improvements that actually get successfully implemented and add value to Tesla
· Excellent leadership, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver excellent results
* * * * * * * *
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).