The Process Engineering manager will manage a team of process engineers and technicians responsible for supporting production of Tesla’s latest energy storage products. The team will be directly responsible for developing all process documentation, tracking yield, investigating and reworking line fall outs, and conducting ongoing analysis of performance metrics. The manager will mentor team members and assist in regular failure investigations, projects, and new process developments. He/She will work closely with the local production team to meet daily production, safety, and quality targets.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building new teams and leading complex, large-scale production operations. He/She will work closely with department leaders to align operating strategies, KPIs, and project priorities to meet department goals. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different teams within Tesla.
· Manage a team of highly skilled engineers and technicians
· Develop the team structure, training programs, and hiring plans
· Define and be responsible for process engineering KPIs (yield, scrap, etc.)
· Define team priorities and coordinate activities to align with department needs and goals
· Mentor team members and help them grow technically and professionally
· Support day-to-day operations and be hands-on in problem solving, process development, and issue resolution
· Maintain a culture that prioritizes safety and quality through communication, action, and accountability
· Empower the engineering team to collaborate with the operations team to improve product manufacturability and line productivity
· BS/MS or equivalent in science/engineering with prior experience in manufacturing
· Experience managing engineers and technicians on various technical projects preferred; demonstrated leadership in a technical role accepted
· Demonstrated experience leading discussions and resolving conflicts
· Ability to collaborate with all levels of engineering
· Experience creating material and presenting to senior leadership
· Experience with data analysis and basic statistics (Excel required; SQL a plus)
· Experience with failure analysis and/or problem solving methodologies (such as 8D)
· Understanding of basic manufacturing and industrial engineering concepts (capacity analysis, LEAN principles, Kaizen, etc.)
· High proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work with multiple deadlines and constantly changing priorities
· Comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).