The Body-in-White Process engineer will be responsible for working with our equipment, and quality teams to ensure body accuracy and improve Body-in-White quality.
· Continuously improve/develop a proactive quality control system to effectively address and control product quality for current and future products
· Provide dimensional expertise to support improvement projects (first pass yield, cycle time, efficiency, safety, etc)
· Actively monitor dimensional accuracy of BIW thru various measurement systems(CMM, Laser gage, Perceptron, Faro, Check fixture, etc)
· Analyze and breakdown dimensional data to identify source of problem (Sub assembly, Tooling, Supplier part, etc)
· Perform inspection and hands on adjustments to geo fixtures to improve and sustain quality of product and equipment
· Take initiative in identifying improvement opportunities and develop/implement improvement plans
· Provide day to day production support on quality concerns. Develop and implement short/long term countermeasure to quality problem while maintaining operation efficiency
· Manage and track body geometry tooling adjustments
· Actively support program specific datum coordination on current and future vehicle models by incorporating lessons learned. Follow the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production and into mass manufacturing to ensure success.
· Analyze, develop, process, and implement Engineering Change Orders.
· Standardize progress by developing, deploying, and training others on dimensional engineering best practices
· Participate in cross functional team to provide BIW expertise to resolve customer/warranty issues
· B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
· Minimally 5-8 years of experience in a Body Shop manufacturing environment.
· Excellent understanding of GD&T and ability to create datum strategies that minimize tolerance stack-up in critical areas.
· Strong mechanical intuition and extensive hands on experience modifying tooling, fixtures, etc.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).