Process Engineering for technical support of vehicle assembly operations (2nd Shift – 4:30 PM to about 1:05 AM)
• Drive process improvements throughout vehicle assembly operations
• Target key KPIs, such as Quality, Safety, Rate, Downtime, and number of processes; set targets, analyze data and monitor trends, and drive projects to meet those targets
• Identify areas of improvement with existing processes and areas of the manufacturing line in order to optimize factory processes
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement by characterizing and optimizing existing processes, reducing waste
• Work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Product Introduction and other teams to define, qualify, and track new processes and all associated work instructions, equipment, tools, materials, and training
• Ensure processes provide a high level of safety and ergonomic compliance
• Perform supporting activities for Engineering and Manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
• Utilize lean manufacturing tools and concepts such as value stream mapping, line balancing, and 5S for continuous improvement
• Define and execute process improvement studies to create, characterize, and optimize vehicle assembly processes
• Utilize SPC data and other statistical tools to characterize processes for operating performance
• Use leadership, technical, and business system skills to drive process improvements throughout all vehicle assembly
• Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems.
• Generate documentation for change controls and engineering qualification protocols to support process changes
• Optimize work content to achieve a safe work environment, meet budget expectations, and exceed build quality standards
• 2 years BS
• Masters and internship
• BS degree in ME, EE, CE or equivalent
• Previous manufacturing or vehicle assembly experience
• Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques
• Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product
• Data collection and analysis experience
• Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within a vehicle assembly and engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email
• Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
• Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges
• Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product development
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).