The selected candidate will be required to:
• Know basic communication theory and be familiar with digital and analog modulation/demodulation techniques
• Perform system, subsystem, unit and board-level troubleshooting and repair
• Develop and modify procedures for alignment
• Respond to system and subsystem anomalies as required.
• Explain root cause and fault resolution to a technical and non-technical audience
• Have experience using oscilloscopes, BER testers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, volt meters and other equipment used for testing digital communication systems
• Have an understanding of AC & DC electronic theory as well as various communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, GPIB, etc.
• Have experience with BPSK & QPSK waveforms and methods for testing and troubleshooting systems that use such techniques
• Provide on-call 24/7 emergency anomaly response to diagnose data and support restoration/repair efforts
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
A 2 year commitment is required. Applicant must pass physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening. This position may be filled at either the Principal Digital Hardware Engineer or Sr. Principal Digital Hardware Engineer position based on qualifications listed below.
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Digital Hardware Engineer:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.