The Fiber Optic Gyros (FOG) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Precision Electromechanical Assembler 2 (1st Shift) based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll get to Do:
• Perform wiring and component installation and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling
units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
• May perform mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
• Expected to work with various chemicals and solvents for long periods.
• Complete part marking and simple continuity checks on work in process and completed units.
• Work from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations in addition
to using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
• Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
• Must be able to perform assembly techniques in order to make modifications, reworks and assemblies.
• J-STD-001 solder certification or equivalent soldering skills.
• Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.