DMV Registration Operations Supervisor
The DMV Operations Supervisor is responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to our customers, developing team members, and managing day-to-day vehicle registration operations. Our managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
The ideal candidate has the technical acumen to be able to communicate effectively with internal teams, excellent time management abilities and is passionate about leading change while inspiring teams. This role directly supports Tesla’s mission by ensuring an exceptional and memorable buying experience for our customers.
To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working. You should have a passion for sustainable energy and the ability to create exceptional customer experiences. While individual contributions is recognized, teamwork is essential to achieve the highest level of success. We will reward team players who help others succeed and empower the team around them.
• Lead registration operations team consisting of DMV Registration Specialists processing registration and title work for our Tesla customers all over North America.
• Actively set individual and team targets and train, coach, and develop them.
• Assist in the planning, implementation, and follow up of operational tasks and projects including,
but not limited to internal fleet registration, title perfection, bank updates, state alignment; and support to sales and delivery as needed.
• Help control expenses, including staffing, supplies, and services.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, particularly Customer Experience Manager, Delivery Operations Manager, Store Leaders, and Regional Managers
• Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
• Monitor daily registrations, create reporting metrics, and actively review information with your Manager.
• Maintain constant focus on improving the Tesla registration and titling process
• Demonstrate fluency in the local market’s DMV requirements and processes.
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned when business needs arise.
• Meet and Exceed KPI, partner to achieve sales and delivery targets along with P&L requirements for location
• Strong collaboration with other support teams to improve team efficiency
• Responsible for ensuring all employees provide best in class experience in every interaction
• Determine resources needed to ensure registration and title work are on time
• Proactively mediate and resolve any customer concerns regarding registration and plates
• Manage escalations quickly and effectively
• Empower and guide employees through challenging concerns, to make decisions in the customers’ best interest
• Recruit, train, and develop management team and employees
• Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training
• Continually evaluate the performance of each employee and provide constant feedback to drive results
• Identify high potential talent and effectively succession plan for needs of the business
• Ensure all employees adhere to Tesla policies and procedures
• Resolve all people and safety issues in a timely and effective manner, collaborating with Human Resources and appropriate teams effectively
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
Plan and supervise processed deals of DMV specialists engaged in a variety of manual and computerized motor vehicle transactions including but not limited to:
• 2+ years of applicable DMV experience with proven record of meeting or exceeding goals in a service-focused industry; preferred but not required
• 2+ years of strong and proven supervisory experience leading and managing teams in a fast-paced, technology driven environment with customer facing responsibilities
• High level of integrity and accountability
• Ability to problem solve, prioritize multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines;
• Ability to analyze and create reports
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships acting as a well-respected, trusted partner with whom others want to work
• Willingness to work on flexible schedule according to activity volume
• Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing, where applicable
• Superior attention to detail under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated and ethical approach to Tesla standards
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).