What You’ll get to Do:
You will fulfill the role as an Electrician and member of the NOALS facilities team for the NOALS Program supporting the NRO Operations Squadron (NOPS) at Schriever Air Force Base.
Repairs, constructs, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains routine electrical systems and equipment.
Cuts, threads, bends, and straps conduit.
Cuts wire and conduit to length.
Installs, repairs, or replaces switch boxes, light bulbs, plugs, sockets, light fuses, and extension cords.
Disassembles motors, generators, and other equipment in preparation for repair.
Troubleshoots electrical malfunctions, inspects circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
Uses blueprints, drawings, layout, or other specifications, and electrical hand tools and voltage-or-amperage measuring and recording devices.
Planning and preparation of site designs (carpentry, electrical, plumbing and office furniture installations), generation of BOM for site projects, installation of plumbing and electrical hardware and materials, testing of electrical and plumbing installations, maintenance of baseline drawings, conducting building safety and fire inspections, escorting of vendors, facility PMIs and development/updating of facility programs and procedures.
Respond to emergency and routine job orders related to all aspects of Facility Management ranging from electrical to pest control.
Participating as an active member of the base Facility Utilization Board and representing the NOPS commander at Base meetings.
There is a varying level of travel/deployment dependent on contract/mission requirements.
Basic Qualifications: – High School Diploma/GED and 4 years additional education and/or related experience or AA Degree with experience as a maintenance electrician with familiarity of the National Electrical Code.
– Current Journeyman’s Electrical License or willing and able to obtain a Journeyman’s Electrical License within one (1) year of start date.
– Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
– Must possess a Top Secret (TS) clearance and be able to obtain an SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) and maintain the TS/SC – Must be willing to submit, obtain, and maintain a CI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence). – Ability to receive Unit Command approval
Preferred Qualifications: – Received Unit Commander’s approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge. – Active TS/SCI Access with CI Polygraph (Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information, Counter Intelligence)
– Current Journeyman’s Electrical License
– Understanding of the Facility Installation Standards at Schriever AFB
– NFPA 70E training
– Environmental and Safety training Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
$52,950 – $88,250
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.