The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives – Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team. DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
•Has served at least 180 days on active duty
•Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
•Will receive an honorable discharge
•Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
•Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
•Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship. Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Service is seeking Cyber Information Assurance Analysts. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. The Cyber Security organization has overall responsibility for providing information security oversight to all Northrop Grumman classified systems under their respective purview. This specific position will be required to perform security functions pertaining to JSIG compliant end point protection builds using leading COTS malicious content detection, prevention and eradication suites of tools. Technologies to include supporting the use of DISA Approved AV suites of products, SCCM, WSUS, Satellite Server, and other agents to ensure the secure operation of endpoint protection software. These activities include ensuring that the protection of endpoints from malicious SW are implemented, management effectively to satisfy JSIG requirements for ATO, satisfy any POA&Ms and ensure that compliance is maintained on an on-going basis. What You’ll Get To Do:
• maintain security agents,
• manage close-to-real time monitoring systems,
• ensure that automated updates and reporting performance is optimized,
• review and validate data collected and results with the SOC, Analysts and system owners, and
• Assess criticality of Alerts Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support and perform initial installation(s) and/or reconfiguration of end point protection agents for both LINUX and Windows workstations, VDI images, physical and virtual servers, management and data aggregation consoles in all security domains to meet expected operations
• Partner with system administrators to ensure agents are installed correctly, and OS and related changes do not interfere with or degrade the operation of any agents
• Maintain each endpoint agent and its associated, closely-integrated management console for the life of the program
• Validate signatures are automatically updated, transferred and ingested into appropriate management consoles for incorporation into endpoint agents
• Ensure that either directly, or through their management console, each agent reports all incidents and events to the SIEM. Additionally, verify that the SIEM/Cognizant analysts understands the data that has been provided
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of agent based software, their interconnection to the consoles and ensuring that all endpoints are continuously and effectively monitored in each security domain.
• Identify and elevate potential cost savings and optimization solutions with special focus on all, current usage, and future-based, communications requirements
• Prepare and verify that appropriate vulnerability documentation exists, including CONOPS and technology/solution ATO package preparation support and maintenance
• Coordinate third-party maintenance for content detection and mitigation systems
• Act in capacity as subject matter expert and be sought after for your complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field; as well as general knowledge of other related disciplines. The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with security professionals, system administrators and computer/facility organizations and support design, test and development engineering customers.
Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.