The Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Target Tactical Manager will be responsible for managing technical, schedule, cost, as well as Mechanical Engineering resources allocated to the Program. This includes identifying and addressing program risks to ensure launch success, facilitating technical solutions based on heritage and similar vehicles, tracking the program schedule, and performing CAM duties. Candidate must have thorough knowledge of launch vehicle mechanical design and integration activities, as well as, strong leadership skills.
Candidate is expected to lead by example, ensure proper cross-training of the team, and make sure the team understands the requirements of the Program and how they relate to the individual tasks that are being assigned to the team. This also includes having periodic meetings with the team to review the ME performance relative to the Program schedule.
1. With little to no guidance, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems. Conduct trade studies and evaluate alternative designs.
2. Based on broadly defined problems, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems and applies the engineering principles involved to develop new designs.
3. Anticipates customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide for those needs.
4. Originates and develops constructive ideas. Consistently looks for ways to modify or change existing methods or processes to improve outcomes.
5. Perform highly complex engineering design, development, analysis, and test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution; Analyze project requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
7. Assume CAM responsibilities and EVMS Reporting.
8. Interact with internal and external customers; Assist the customer in defining system requirements and in the generation of specifications for products or sub systems.
9. Provide technical guidance and direction to engineering team in the design, test, production, and maintenance phases of a project.
10. Develop and present materials for project related briefings including design reviews to be given to internal and external customers.
11. Support new business and prepare proposal material.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.