Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology’s Line Planning and Merchandising Data Foundation team utilizes modern technologies and methodologies to build and maintain the merchandising platform delivering information reliably to serve athlete* holistic needs with the product they want, when and where they want it. We support the process of planning and executing the product line so that iterative and insights-informed decisions build upon one another, enabling Product Management and Merchandising to see the flow of product in a continuous spectrum, similar to how Nike consumers experience the offerings flowing into the marketplace.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who can thrive working in a rapidly evolving technology and team environment. This role involves leading a team of software engineers in building prototypes and software solutions for a range of merchandising data platform capabilities that will transform the way Nike plans and merchandises product. Playing a key role in the research and development of technologies, tools, and processes, the ideal candidate is a problem-solver who is motivated to learn new technologies, communicate ideas and knowledge, and collaborate with teammates. The ideal candidate needs to be able to work with ambiguity and abstract requirements, developing features quickly in a team context, balancing speed with quality. Working on multiple priorities, this role is for a technologist with experience in multiple cloud and data technologies and/or domains, and has indepth experience on atleast a few languages, platforms, and tools. As Lead, he/she/they will also provide leadership, training, and mentoring to team members. The candidate must also understand the importance of protecting Nike’s intellectual property and highly-confidential data.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be a part of a team developing and maintaining merchandising platform capabilities, to support a Gender and Consumer-led offense via rolling multi-month line plans. You will be an integral part in advancing our technical strategy, and you will lead our team to deliver on that vision. You will also work directly with partners to explore and prove plausibility of concepts and potential solutions. Along with writing and deploying code, you will be responsible for technical design and feasibility, championing modern patterns and principles, delivering value to the business quickly and without sacrificing quality, and you will lead by example in how we work. A typical day is a mix of hands-on coding, meetings with product partners, and team technical discussions. You will work in a 2-week iteration cycle and follow common Scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be a part of the Global Technology organization, and report to the Line Planning and Merchandising Data Foundation team’s Technology Engineering Director. You will work day-to-day with your peer software engineers, product management and architecture on product teams to achieve business objectives. You will also engage with other Global Technology functions and teams on organizational and technical goals.
WHAT YOU BRING
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or relevant professional experience, education, and training
– 10+ years of hands-on industry software development experience.
– 5+ years of experience implementing scalable data architectures with emphasis on real-time data processing and delivery. Database development using relational and non-relational database is a plus.
– Good understanding of architectural design patterns, frameworks with strong computer-science fundamentals
– Strong understanding of Services, Service Oriented Architecture principles, RESTful API standards
– Working experience in domain driven design, domain modeling preferred
– Familiarity with twelve-factor app methodology for building software-as-a-service applications
– Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
– Ability to rapidly prototype and build robust, scalable solutions and to discern which approach is appropriate for meeting defined objectives.
– Hands on experience with cloud solutions (AWS or Azure preferred), building infrastructure as code, CI/CD and related tools.
– Ability to implement and integrate software security solutions to protect highly-confidential data.
– Excellent verbal and written communication and collaborations skills to effectively communicate with both technical and business-facing teams.
– Strong team leadership and building collaborative relationships with team members and partners.
– Demonstrated experience of working with a multidisciplinary team while also being able to work independently.
– Experience with Scrum or similar Agile methodologies.
– A track record of working with ambiguity and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.