What You’ll Get to Do:
Imagine yourself working with a strong team, improving how government does business, right from your own home! If you like technology, puzzles, and dynamic challenges, this is the position for you!
CACI’s Business IT Solutions Sector provides enterprise IT services and solutions across the breadth of CACI customers, including the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, civilian agencies, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). One of those successful solutions is the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) suite of applications. PIEE is a mature and vibrant project that currently covers the functional areas within the DoD end-to-end procurement model. PIEE is a paperless contracting DoD-wide effort designed to eliminate paper from the receipt/acceptance process of the DoD contracting life cycle.
In support of this system, CACI is seeking an entry level Quality Assurance Engineer who, under minimal supervision, is able to build and execute automated tests, document and perform manual tests, and accurately track and describe quality metrics for a complex DoD system. This person will work as part of an Agile development team supporting mission critical systems that are being expanded and integrated. This person requires an individual with a background in the Software Development Lifecycle, Software Testing, and working with a Software Development Team. The candidate should be a self-starter, with strong communication skills, have a desire to explore and solve problems, and be willing to collaborate across Agile development teams. Ideally the person should have 2 years of relevant experience.
The QA Engineer will work on an Agile development team to develop test cases and test scripts based on documented user stories; build and execute automated tests; conduct software testing throughout the Agile sprints; document defects and track quality metrics in support of each release. Coordinate with the Development and Functional teams to understand new features. Support the QA Manager in support of PIEE Development Activities to include tracking quality assurance and quality control metrics and the resolution of problem reports and customer trouble tickets. The QA Engineer will support release activities by preparing reports to communicate involvement and results of testing activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and zero to two years of related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with a remote (home office) working environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and other virtual communication platforms. Occasional travel may be required.
• US Citizen, able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Solid Analytical Skills (ability to create and update test cases from user stories)
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Agile development team environment, review business requirements while improving on the business needs
• Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
• Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet goals and high-quality standards.
• DoD Industry knowledge and experience, including current industry trends and challenges.
• Familiar with one or more of the following: DoD Contracting, DoD Purchase/Acquisition, DoD Supply/Logistics and/or DoD Payment processing.
• Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and/or other Agile software development framework.
• Familiar with JIRA, Atlassian Products, and similar tools.
• Familiarity with automated testing solutions like Katalon Studio, Selenium Test Suite, TestComplete, or iMacros.
What We Can Offer You:
– We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
– Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
– We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
– We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
– For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Panama City-FL-PANAMA CITY
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.