The Quality Engineering Technician will verify that incoming and in-process material meets Tesla Motors drawings and specifications. He/she is responsible for the inspection of material, the coordination of MRB activities, including data input, reporting, and logistics associated with material dispositions. This person will also administer the calibration system ensuring that measuring and test equipment is within its calibration due date. The Quality Technician will work closely with
Quality Engineering to provide reports, charts, graphs etc to monitor and improve product quality.
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with line supervisors, operators, and manufacturing engineering. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
· Inspection/verification of in-process, Tesla built material
· Manage nonconforming material through the MRB process to ensure that nonconforming material is identified, appropriately dispositioned, tracked, and reported
· Root cause investigation/resolution of daily quality issues
· Failure Analysis
· Provide data input and output reports to assist in quality improvement activities
· Coordinate calibration activities, working with outside vendor to ensure that all test and measurement equipment is calibrated prior to use on the manufacturing floor
· Provide mechanical measurement support to identify or solve potential material issues
· Proficient at root cause analysis, identify and implement short/long term countermeasures
· HS diploma with a 2-year degree preferred.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
· Knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 or TS16924 a plus
· Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings
· Versed on Microsoft office
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).