Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. What You’ll Get To Do: This position is in support of the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) contract. The purpose of the GBSD Program is to replace the current ICBM system, including the weapon systems command and control; flight, launch and ground systems; and cyber elements. This position will perform the following functions:
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidder’s conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. • In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
• Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
• Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
• Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
• Forecasts, reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Execute teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements, which may include several parties.
• Negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Review procurement packages of peers
• Mentor, train, and guide more junior teammates
• Read, interpret, and implement written procedures to maintain compliance
• Serve as a manager delegate of authority as needed
• Work as a team lead and carry out complex tasks with peer groups This position will negotiate with both large businesses and small businesses on a variety of complex-type contracts including cost-plus-incentive-fee type. This position must have an understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Able to be creative in finding solutions to resolve issues.
This position will develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. This position will attend program meetings and will be required to present to groups. Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational skills. This position must be knowledgeable of the FAR/DFARS and processes and/or procedures required to be followed in order to be in compliance with FAR/DFARS. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. UTSpace SpaceGSC
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.