We are looking for an Engineering Technician to support various engineering projects and perform experiments related to active materials research and development for Li-ion batteries. Candidates should have experience working in a chemistry lab environment and operating chemical analysis instruments.
– >60% of time spent performing hands-on tasks which may include building cells (coin and pouch), material synthesis and characterization, slurry mixing, electrode coating, keeping a good record of data
– Work closely with engineers to execute experiments as instructed
– Record build information in Excel sheets
– Handle air-sensitive and hazardous materials in a glove box, dry room, or fume hood
– Prepare chemical samples for characterization (SEM, titration, XRD, PSD, and more)
– Helping keep the lab safe and efficient
– Report any issues related to processes and assist in problem solving
– 2+ years’ experience with air-sensitive materials and hazardous chemicals
– Above average manual dexterity and visual acuity are required in order to perform delicate assembly tasks.
– Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
– Ability and passion to perform hands-on tasks
– Good communication skills
– High school diploma or equivalent. Engineering or chemistry related degree preferred.
– Hands-on lithium ion cell fabrication and testing (preferred but not required)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).