Our groups mission is to Drive advancements in safety, efficiency and quality through innovative and sustainable solutions in one of the worlds most advanced manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of automated welding shop related equipment, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take Body in White to the next level. They must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, and maintenance. The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent. Additionally, they are expected to be hands-on on the shop floor when needed.
· Overall responsibility for all controls related activities in the shop, Leading and assisting production in all controls related topics and issues.
· Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
· Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste.
· Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications
· Responsibility for designing, selecting, managing, programming, and commissioning of automation equipment used to improve the existing systems.
· Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
· Implement and maintain quality control methods including pokeyokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
· Optimization and improvement of human machine interfaces, and SCADA systems and MES interfaces for the Body in White organization.
· Creation and improvements of equipment safety standards, and the implementation of those standards into the manufacturing equipment, including periodic checks and qualification inspections.
· Understand and program using several different programming styles, including ladder logic, structured text
· BS in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of professional controls engineering experience.
· 5+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens or equivalent PLCs in a professional environment.
· HMI programming experience – AB Factory talk, Wonderware or equivalent.
· Robotic programming skills desired.
· Proven project management experience.
· Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment as well as independently.
· Proficient in CAD working with electrical diagrams and prints.
· Flexibility in working weekends and night shift as required.
· Great problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).