Controls Engineer – Castings and CNC Machining
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in industrial automation, with a focus on PLC systems, communications architecture, and integration with robotics and databases. This person must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and shop managers. The successful candidate will have knowledge in Assembly systems, as well as exceptional interpersonal, organizational and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
· Develop programming standards for PLC and automated systems
· Responsibility for backing up and maintaining all equipment programs
· Shop lead person for all projects and installations with regard to control systems for production equipment.
· Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
· Act as shop liaison to IT department for MES (Manufacturing Execution System) development and implementation. (product information tracking)
· Oversee maintenance, electrical and PLC projects, verify proper documentation
· Instruct and manage supplier and equipment buyoffs
· Conduct risk assessments and implement finding
· HMI programming and system development
· Generate, develop electrical drawings. Buyoff on electrical drawings from contractors
· BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
· Experience with IDRA Die Cast Equipment is highly desired
· 2+ years of extensive experience with industrial equipment controls, interfaces, and communication protocols.
· Must be proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration. Experience with various Allen-Bradley or Siemens platforms is highly desirable.
· HMI programming skills
· Experience with robot programming, backup and restoration
· Experience creating various reports and database tools for management
· Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs. CAD is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience in automotive manufacturing is highly desired.
· ACAD experience in developing electrical schematics
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).