Tesla Finance combines traditional financial planning and analysis with broader business decision- making and strategy. Finance is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. Team members are expected to analyze data, provide recommendations, and lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations with the relevant executives/teams throughout the company.
· Analyzing key performance indicators, cost of sales, operating expenses and capital expenditures (includes developing financial models and decision-making tools)
· Providing strategic insights and conclusions based on this analysis, including writing build plans for factories or setting global pricing for our products
· Guiding planning and resource management (e.g. headcount, investment approvals, etc.)
· Identifying initiatives for improvement of Tesla’s financial outlook, including developing, tracking, and executing product development activities and assisting with performance vs. cost tradeoffs throughout the product lifecycle
· MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics and/or equivalent professional experience (Finance, Accounting, Engineering and other technical degrees are a plus)
· A robust analytical skill-set or excellent modeling skills
· Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, and execution focused
· Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
· Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects
Tesla Finance has five subgroups: Corporate Finance, Energy Finance, Engineering Finance, Manufacturing Finance, and Sales, Marketing and Service (SMS) Finance. We encourage rotation for high performers.
Energy Products Finance works with Energy Storage and Solar to:
· Develop financial projections and track actual financial performance for both existing and new business models for Storage/Solar Deployment, Installation, and Services
· Lead pricing for Energy Products, including installation and services, and business planning for global retail, service and sales enablement
· Drive cost optimization in product development for future products with a focus on establishment new markets/novel applications of our storage/solar technologies
Engineering Finance works with Supply Chain and Engineering to:
· Drive R&D investments and prioritize resources for R&D projects with the highest return on investment.
· Approve proposed investments based on analysis of technology options
· Drive product development by analyzing cost vs. performance tradeoffs for new features
· Set product cost targets, and collaborate on product improvements, cost reductions, and proposed sourcing from the Engineering / Supply Chain teams in pursuit of cost targets.
· Track and proactively manage profit improvement/cost reduction efforts of existing products to ensure lower-priced vehicles in pursuit of our corporate mission
Manufacturing Finance (Fremont, CA; Sparks, NV; Shanghai, China; Berlin, Germany) works with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain to:
· Lead manufacturing cost improvement and investment management for Model S, X, 3, Y and energy products
· Evaluate business cases to inform automation, manufacturing scope, and manufacturing location decisions; provide feedback on estimated costs for future programs in development
· Set build plans and capacity planning for all manufacturing plants in the near- and long-term
Corporate Finance works with Tesla leadership to:
· Lead Tesla’s corporate forecast process:
o Own the company’s overall income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecast, consolidating inputs from across the broader finance organization
o Analyze the impact of proposed business decisions on Tesla’s financial health
o Summarize takeaways for review with Tesla’s executive team and Board of Directors
· Develop and track cross-company efforts to improve gross margin and cash flow
· Lead long term planning for Tesla, including new products/capabilities, and capital needs
· Work with business partners to optimize G&A spending/investments
Sales Finance works with Sales, Marketing and Delivery teams to:
• Drive quarterly business planning and expansion of global retail and sales footprint
• Evaluate go-to-market strategy for new market/product launches
• Lead pricing efforts for all vehicle products (Model S/3/X/Y and options) and new market entry
• Manage sales P&Ls at the global, regional, country, and location levels and identify risks/opportunities to profitability
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).