As an Intern with the Autopilot AI team you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception and control for autonomous driving. A typical day to day includes reading deep learning papers, implementing described models and algorithms, adapting them to our setting and driving up internal metrics. A strong candidate will ideally possess at least one strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a familiarity in others.
· Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection
· Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, multi-task learning, large-scale distributed training, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
· Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device
· The team operates in a production setting. An ideal candidate has strong software engineering practices and is very comfortable with Python programming, debugging/profiling, and version control.
· We train neural networks on a cluster in large-scale distributed settings. An ideal candidate is very comfortable in cluster environments and understands the related computer systems concepts (CPU/GPU interactions/transfers, latency/throughput bottlenecks during training of neural networks, CUDA, pipelining/multiprocessing, etc).
· We are at the cutting edge of deep learning applications. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the under the hood fundamentals of deep learning (layer details, backpropagation, etc). Additional requirements include the ability to read and implement related academic literature and experience in applying state of the art deep learning models to computer vision (e.g. segmentation, detection) or a closely related area (speech, NLP).
· Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
· Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).